Many of you have probably heard of the Liebster Award for bloggers. I’m still not entirely sure as to what exactly it is, but from what I gather, it’s an award that encourages new bloggers to connect with other new or established bloggers. It’s one big community feel-good award, and I’m honored to have been nominated by the lovely Ivy at Loving A Simple Life.
With the Liebster Award comes a set of questions that must be answered. So, here are my answers!
- What is your most embarrassing moment in adulthood? Oh, dear. My entire adulthood? Is that an option? Well, if I had to narrow it down, it’d be the time when I was working at Payless Shoesource and I thought no one was in the store, so I let out a fart I’d been holding in. It wasn’t that loud, but it was loud enough that the woman in the other aisle heard it. The checkout process was rather awkward.
- Are you married? How did you meet? No, I’m not. But if Gary Oldman comes knocking on my door and asks me to be his 5th wife (a position I’ve long coveted), I’m totally there. (FYI, I don’t believe in remarrying after divorce, but if it was an okay thing in God’s eyes, I’d totally marry Gary Oldman).
- Why did you start blogging? I originally started this blog as a way to get my own feelings about my mental illness out. I’ve found that not only is this helpful to me, but that I can provide help to others who may be struggling with mental illness as well. I also find comfort in the blogging community, as everyone has been very supportive and kind.
- If money or education wasn’t an issue, what would your dream job be? I would want to be Kevin Conroy’s personal assistant (he’s the guy that does the voice of Batman). Whenever he would need something, I’d make him tell me in Batman voice. That would be the best thing ever.
- What is your favorite “bad” food? Gratuitous amounts of peanut butter. And Reeses. Lots of Reeses.
- What are your hobbies? Gardening, writing, reading, sketching and making music videos. I don’t make music videos as much as I used to, but I still have a YouTube account open with an archive of them.
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would you invite to dinner? Gordon Ramsay. Just for the lulz. I’d be delighted to have him tell me how terrible my cooking is.
- If you could wake up tomorrow with a new ability, what would it be? The ability to instantly clear up any acne, scabs or scars. It’s the only way I’m going to have perfect skin. Curse you, genetics!
- If you could keep any 5 possessions, what would they be?
–My Batman memorabilia (that only counts as one if you think of the collection as one item)
-My bank account and its contents
- What do you want your tombstone to say? Anyone of these movie-related quotes:
-“She needed a bigger boat.”
-“I believe she drove…” “Don’t say it, Gomez!” “…A BUICK!!!!”
- What are you most afraid of? IVs, centipedes, and this stuff.
- What is a skill you want to learn, and why? HTML, CSS, and random coding. I have so many amazing ideas for my blog design, but I can’t afford a professional designer, so I’ll have to learn how to design it myself.
At this point in the post, I have realized that I answered the wrong set of questions. Sorry, Ivy. I didn’t do it on purpose. It’s just early in the day for me, and my coffee supply has run low. Whoops.
I do, however, nominate the following people for the Liebster Award:
- clairerich2015 of Under Construction
- S. Robert Cyre of Herman’s Neutics
- The Emptied Notebooks
- The awesome fellows over at Not Of The Norm
- Me, Myself and GAD
These are your questions!
- How long have you been blogging, and what are your goals for your blog?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime?
- What stresses you out the most, and how do you deal with it?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- If you could be anyone in the world, past or present, for one day, who would it be?
- What’s your preferred caffeinated drink?
- What’s the one thing you want for Christmas this year?
- What’s your favorite book, and why?
- What college degree did you get? If you didn’t, what subject would you like one in?
- What is your favorite way to kill time?
Thank you again for nominating me, Ivy! And to those I’ve nominated, I hope you have fun answering the questions!